Here’s this week’s update from your Friendly Neighborhood Legislative Affairs Committee. In this note, although there is not much to report.:
- Legislative Updates
- Finding Your elected representatives, both State and Federal
- VCDL Lobby Day
1. Legislative Updates
There has been some progress on the 2A bills of interest. Their progress is as follows:
- HB5020 – No Change. This Bill has been sent to the Committee on Public Safety for consideration and is still there.. No movement since 15 AUG.
- SB5041 -This Bill has been sent to the House, and referred to the House Committee on Public Safety.
- HB5024 -This Bill remains in the Committee on Public Safety for consideration. No action on it since 17 AUG.
2. Finding Your elected representatives, both State and Federal.
Your state representatives should hear from you! Both emails and phone calls remain your best options. Not sure who your state representatives are? Find out through this link. https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/
3. VCDL Lobby Day is January 18th. Stand by for updates as available.
Thanks from Your Friendly Neighborhood FRGC Legislative Affairs Committee.