Here’s this week’s update from your Friendly Neighborhood Legislative Affairs Committee. In this note:
- Legislative Updates
- Fairfax County Hearing on Gun Control Results
- Finding Your elected representatives, both State and Federal
- VCDL Lobby Day
1. Legislative Updates
There has been some progress on the 2A bills of interest. Their progress is as follows:
- HB5020 – No Change. This Bill has been sent to the Committee on Public Safety for consideration. No movement since 15 AUG.
- SB5041 -This Bill has been sent to the House, and referred to the House Committee on Public Safety.
- HB5024 -This Bill remains in the Committee on Public Safety for consideration. No action on it since 17 AUG.
2. Fairfax County held a public hearing on September 15, at 4:30 PM, at the Fairfax County Government Center to consider the adoption of amendments to Chapter 6 of the Fairfax County Code related to weapons. Despite a preponderance of pro 2A citizens speaking, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors voted to ban weapons on County parks and building sites. Specifically, the legislation will prohibit the possession, carrying and transportation of firearms, ammunition, or components in County buildings, parks, recreation and community centers and at permitted events and areas adjacent to permitted events.
3. Finding Your elected representatives, both State and Federal.
Your state representatives should hear from you! Both emails and phone calls remain your best options. Not sure who your state representatives are? Find out through this link. https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/
4. VCDL Lobby Day is January 18th. Stand by for updates as available.
Thanks from Your Friendly Neighborhood FRGC Legislative Affairs Committee.